• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

www. is depreciated

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Brilliant! It's something that I've been saying for quite some time now, and have tried to convince many people that the www. part of any domain is completely useless and should be banished to the back of a dark room and never used again... well, now there's a site all about it: http://no-www.org/

Admittedly it's hardly the most comprehensive site in the world, but it's not exactly a complex subject, it has the right information available to spread the word that www. is depreciated. :)

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
SPeedY_B said:
Brilliant! It's something that I've been saying for quite some time now, and have tried to convince many people that the www. part of any domain is completely useless and should be banished to the back of a dark room and never used again... well, now there's a site all about it: http://no-www.org/

Admittedly it's hardly the most comprehensive site in the world, but it's not exactly a complex subject, it has the right information available to spread the word that www. is depreciated. :)
I have been telling ppl this for years...that will teach them..

Khayman said:
meh, couldn't care if its there or not. Although i do think www. at the begining look nicer sometimes :)
Yeah it sort of balances out the .com/.net/.org at the end...

But yeah, it is a bit redundant.

Aprox

Political User
asus.com

doesnt work.... that has bugged for as long as I have owned an asus motherboard.... :)

I have to take the extra 1 second to type "W - W - W - . * to get to their site...... uggg, ok I am dont ranting.

Aprox said:
asus.com

doesnt work.... that has bugged for as long as I have owned an asus motherboard.... :)

I have to take the extra 1 second to type "W - W - W - . * to get to their site...... uggg, ok I am dont ranting.
asus + ctrl/enter

X-Istence

Political User
Geffy said:
yeah, thats because you have
=*.osnn.net:<server ip>:<ttl> I think in your data file, if you are still using djbdns of course
I was not about to type out all the same +host.osnn.net entries by hand for all the sub-domains we serve :p.

Also, osnn.net is set as the default host, so even if you go to it's IP, it would show the osnn.net page.

now, mdsalih.com also accepts wildcards, but that is because i added a *.mdsalih.com entry to the serveralias in his virtualhost section.

this site can be accessed with no problem with or without www, and it should behave no differently.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown