WTS PC (how much is it worth)

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
I'm gonna sell my pc here and ebay but wanted to know what it was worth beforehand. The specs:

2.6ghz P4
2gb 3200 mem
170gb drive
80gb drive
50gb drive
16x DVD rw
Cooler master centurion case
400w psu
128mb 5600 Nvidia card
Sound blaster audigy
Wireless card

17" Sony Trinitron monitor CRT

did i miss anything out?

So how much is it worth.

Last edited:
Just as a tip, you may want to sell the monitor seperately. That piece alone will probably be about 80% of the shipping cost, and most people who buy towers don't want CRT's with their purchase on eBay. Is the P4 a HT processor? That seems like a decent rig, but price can't really be estimated without knowing how old each component is, such as the hard drives, which would tell how much manufacturer warranty is left. Also, are you selling it with an OEM license for XP, or strictly the hardware?

The hardware is all mostly about a year old, but outside warranty. I'd sell it with the xp oem key also the p4 is ht. let me know.

so without the crt, is $400 asking too much more or less?

I'd personally say 400 is a bit much. When you take things out of the box, remember you immediately lose 15% of the value from your original purchase price. Add on top of that all warranties are no longer existant, it's a tough sell. Sometimes when I have a rig similar to what you are selling, I actually take things apart and sell them individually. You may do better that way.

you are probably right, perhaps that would be the best bet.

what kind of MB do you have in there?

an asus i think, i'll have to look at it tonight. interested?

I'm just sayin that if you take the Hard Drives out, the RAM, CPU etc you may get more that way. To save you a TON of question for sellers, be sure to put the FULL MDL #, for a Western Digital it would be something like WD200BB-75CLB0 (for a 20GB) - people ask for that a lot, so I put it in every time now. Also the Build Date, such as 02 DEC 2001 (again for WD drives, this will help people determine Warranty Information), and the DCM.

Basically any info that may be specific to the drive, just type it out. I hardly get any questions for sellers anymore, except for international shipping but I ignore those because the questions are already answered in my auction F.A.Q.

I guess the best thing to do would be to photograph each drives front with all the specs and well as all the other items. that'll just make it easier.

Thanks for the help KC. I never thought of parting it.

Its annoying really as i cant really use any of the parts, as i'm totally stepping up to sata, pci-e, so this involves buying everything new, i guess i could keep the mem, but i think i may want to get faster ram anyway and perhaps max it out to 4gb's i wonder if i will see much difference.

Well if you go with AMD, I believe most MB's use PC3200 for that anyways. 2GB would be fine, XP doesn't address 4GB properly anyways (unless you go x64), and that would save you some cash. But, I guess that depends on the current timings you are getting on your RAM.

I wouldn't bother taking the pictures, just type out those 3 lines. Good luck with your sales :)

lancer said:
an asus i think, i'll have to look at it tonight. interested?

I may be interseted in most of it (minus the monitor/case/psu/and HD's) if the price is right :)

Want some more specs on the hardware though (model/brand of MB and RAM,vid card, etc..)

As suggested take the monitor out of the equation.
I'd imagine you could get about 4-500$ out of the equipment. The HT P4 is worth probably 200USD on it's own, but I'm no hardware geek.... just judging on what I'd be willing to pay for a used part.

fitz that was a funny sentance

"I may be interseted in most of it (minus the monitor/case/psu/and HD's) if the price is right".

Thats like none of it haha.

I'll look tonight to see what the parts are.

The Vid i know is a pny 5600 126mb agp card.

lancer said:
fitz that was a funny sentance

"I may be interseted in most of it (minus the monitor/case/psu/and HD's) if the price is right".

Thats like none of it haha.

I'll look tonight to see what the parts are.

The Vid i know is a pny 5600 126mb agp card.

yeah will, it is the "guts" of the pC that i'm interested in.. MB, CPU, memory, Vid.. possibly the sound card..

edit: I suppose the DVD burner is also a possibility

edit2: is the ram in 4x512MB or 2x1GB sticks? was the p4 a hyperthreaded cpu?

Last edited:
The P4 is HT, which he posted above. Not sure about the RAM, I would assume 512mbX4.

the ram is 4 x 512mb, sorry still have not looked a the mobo yet.

Last edited:
3x512MB != 2 GB that you originally posted :)

LOL

In any case, did a quick check over my finances and looking at expenses coming up and decided I'm not going to drop a couple hundred on some new components.

I don't think you could really pull off $200 on a used 2.6ghz P4HT. You can get a new Dual core processor for around the same price with much more power. The whole setup? I'd have to say 200-$300. If you can manage 300-$400, then you got lucky with some things. It's just the pricerange I see on a regular basis.

who said i could, just read through the posts, i don't think i asked for $200 for the cpu did I, unless i missed something, but yeah $200 would be far too much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back