WTB: Unlocked Iphone

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Does anyone have an unlocked iphone that i could buy, so it works on tmobile?

Would only consider from people thats been on the board for a yr or more.

Thanks

i see the smily, you joking?!
Indeed he is. :(

/me whips Carpo with a wet noodle

As long as you get one of the 2G (1st gen) iPhones unlocking it is really rather simple. Don't pay more just because it's "unlocked", someone just spent a few minutes and pushed a few buttons to make it happen.

3g or regular? I dont have one but if you get one you can unlock it yourself

3gm where do i go fir the instructions on how to do it?

Can you use a unlocked iPhone with Verizon?

no, you need a carrier with a sim card.

so far GSM carriers atm....

Ah, 3G. The 3G in the US is tricky as you can't change the SIM (easily that I know of anyway) and you can't unlock it via software *yet*. You would have to get one from a country that allows Apple to sell them unlocked already.

I really want an iPhone but don't want to switch my carrier... Oh the madness

Ah, 3G. The 3G in the US is tricky as you can't change the SIM (easily that I know of anyway) and you can't unlock it via software *yet*. You would have to get one from a country that allows Apple to sell them unlocked already.

What do you mean.... you can change the sim card it makes no difference.... my brother brought me over an n73 from the uk and it works on tmobiles 3g network here.

READ THIS...

YOU CANNOT USE AN IPHONE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY OTHER THAN JAPAN FOR 3G IN THE USA

Europeon 3G and US 3G operate on different frequencies one is 1900 (EU) the 2100 (USA).

So jewelzz, you would need a us iphone, to use the 3g network here..

if any of this is wrong people please let me know.

I've heard of chips that go on the 3G (or some other chip inside the iPhone) that would allow you to "unlock" a 3G but they broke with firmware 2.2 so unless you want to stay at firmware 2.1 your stuck (for now). If you wanna unlock it just seems like the 3G is a bit more costly/work, I would just find a 2G that can be unlocked/jailbroken in a few minutes and you can do whatever you want with. :)

you can try ebay I believe they got officially unlocked iphones there

you can try ebay I believe they got officially unlocked iphones there
Only "official" unlocked ones are non-US. Only way for unlocked US iPhone via only software is to go with the 2G (1st gen).

apple ditched the in store activation, u may be able to just go pick on up, plus walmart will be selling them soon..

yeah i noticed this at apples website.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back