WSUS fail to download the update for client

johnsonlim027

OSNN Junior Addict
I had make sure that the firewall do not block the download from microsoft web site.I download only one update to in order to update one client(in group).

The following are my testing environment:
1.Window 2000 server
2.Client:Windows XP Professional SP2

It take 4 hour to download a update from Microsoft web site and haven't complete yet.My network connection bandwidth is 256Kbps.Does anyone have idea on this? As I am running out of idea on this....

p/s:MadMatt, it is me again..please help!!

My wsus still cannot download the patch to update the client.
Here is the attach of WindowsUpdate log file from the client.I see no error there.But while downloading, The app log and system log in event viewer in my wsus server keep showing ERROR message in a cycle.I am suspecting this is a way to track why wsus server fail to download the client.After reading the error,I still have no idea.Can anyone help?

Attachments

• applog1.JPG
    applog1.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 709
  • systemlog.JPG
    systemlog.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 572
  • window update.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 334
The Wsus server can download the patch file already.It is the DNS Domain server problem.

Did you fix the DNS server then?

Sorry I didn't jump in. I never saw this thread.

It is ok, Madmatt.:)

I reconfigure the whole DNS server again.By the way I have few question to ask here:
1. I had find out the file size for each individual update is very big.By having 5 updates to download, it take about 300MB something.But from what I know, Windows XP SP4 patch file take about 130MB something but can update many bugs and enhancement at a same time .I would like to ask that does the update file size in WSUS is huge for each individual update? I list down the file size of some update here:
Update Size
a. Security update for Windows 2000 (KB896424) 33.39MB
b.Windows 2000 SP4 rollup 35MB
c. Security Update for Windows XP (KB896424) 59.5MB

2. Is there a way for me to know the update file size for each individual update rather than going to the home page and deduct from the total update file size to be downloaded?

MadMatt, Do you have any documentation or web site to introduce on setting up SSL for the WSUS server?I had find out some through the Help in WSUS but all the information are not clear and proper arranged even though in Microsoft web site.Do you have any recommendation on finding out the information?
:)

johnsonlim027 said:
MadMatt, Do you have any documentation or web site to introduce on setting up SSL for the WSUS server?I had find out some through the Help in WSUS but all the information are not clear and proper arranged even though in Microsoft web site.Do you have any recommendation on finding out the information?
:)

*ahem*

Eventhough I am not madmatt, this documentation should help you:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/WSUS/WSUSDeploymentGuideTC/ac90c1de-9e04-46fd-b8ab-0bb4ab851546.mspx

If you need help deciphering that, post back and we can help you :)

Isn't chief awesome?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back