WSUS 3.0 Beta 2 Now Available

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
WSUS 3.0 Beta 2 Now Available via Microsoft Connect. Announced earlier last week the downloads have become available today.

Windows Server Update Services 3.0 delivers key improvements enabling administrators to more easily manage and deploy updates across your organization. Now contained within a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) 3.0. snapin, WSUS 3.0 lets you efficiently manage updates using advanced filtering, sorting, shortcut menus, and robust reporting.

WSUS 3.0 enables you to get started quickly with an easy setup and configuration wizard. Plus you can manage the WSUS console on remote computers as well as maintain multiple WSUS servers from a single console. Improved deployment options allow you to synchronize updates every hour, set rules to auto-deploy specific updates, and provide read-only reporting access on the WSUS server.

We're in the "final countdown" to the beta 2 release!! Check back for our release announcement and to download the WSUS beta 2 package from the download link!

WSUS 3.0 Beta 2 scenario rating survey! Be sure to take our WSUS 3.0 beta 2 scenario rating survey and rate how well WSUS 3.0 beta 2 allows you to do basic tasks, or achieve full deployment scenarios. Give us your free form comments. Rate as you test for just one task or a full scenario - Your feedback is important to us! Click here and rate as much or as little of our scenarios or tasks as you've tested, any time.

WSUS 3.0 Beta 2 Vista RC client support! After beta 2 releases, we will be adding a new download that will make sure your WSUS 3.0 beta 2 server can service the new RC version of Vista clients when it ships. This downloadable beta update will be available from the WSUS beta Connect site in the downloads section in the 4th quarter of calendar year 06 - when Vista RC releases! Check back for news on this update to test WSUS 3.0 beta 2 with your Vista RC beta clients.

* Note: WSUS 3.0 beta 2 does not support Vista beta clients at this time.

Three packages are available: x86, x64, and a MOM Pack.

I will install it later and report back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back