WRT54G Issues

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
The router keeps freezing up! Its connected to a Moto Cable modem, when the connection isnt active, the linksys router just looses all the DHCP setting, i have to log into the router and manually release and renew and then its all good! Any ideas?

Yes update the firmware in the router there is a place to do that in mine its administration.

Attachments

• firmware.GIF
    firmware.GIF
    79.7 KB · Views: 94
what about an alternative firmware, like Tomato or DD-WRT? Any luck with those?

Pretty easy interface? Something more reliable but easy to use is what i looking for!

I had a linksys that locked up like yours. It was the hardware dying, not the firmware. After I replaced the router I never had another lock up.

Easy to use, not big into breaking it down and manually config, just want something i can update and have it work!

The best way to fix a linksys is to chuck it in the trash and get a netgear ...

the router is the WRT54G v8, doesnt seem there is support for that with tomato..unless i overlooked?

Ha... ill sell his ass on eBay...and through in a free router...maybe that will seal the deal!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back