wrong cpu?

K

k3n

i have a gigabybe motherboard and i got and xp2500+, and when i go to my system properties (control panel>system) i see my speed becoming a 1.11ghz w/ 512 ram, the ram part is right. y is it displaying my speed being 1.11ghz? my friend w/ a Pentium 4 has a 2.5 something ghz n it reads 1.11 also. but my other homie who has a xp2000 says xp2000 on his?

ne suggestions that i really i could really try to find the speed of my cpu liek a benchmark program?

try looking in the bios to see if the FSB is set to 166
that might be the problem,also set the multiplier to 11.0

yeah, the multiplier is most likely at 11 there and his FSB is most likely at 100

crank 'er up

blinden said:
yeah, the multiplier is most likely at 11 there and his FSB is most likely at 100

crank 'er up

is the multiplier and fsb entry @ voltage in the bios.?

sure cant find it in the bios.

the mobo is a gigabye k7 triton

fsb 400 / ddr 400 / agp 8x

when u say change the fbs r u talkin bout on the mobo?

k3n said:
the mobo is a gigabye k7 triton

fsb 400 / ddr 400 / agp 8x

when u say change the fbs r u talkin bout on the mobo?
fsb = frontside bus... it's basically the speed at which the motherboard will run and your cpu speed is linked to that. right now it's running at 100mhz (100x11=1.1ghz)... it needs to be set at 167mhz (167x11=1.83ghz.. 2500+ stock speed).

it will be in your bios. let me check gigabyte's site to instruct you exactly where.

you don't have a model number like GA-7N400-L ?

Taurus said:
fsb = frontside bus... it's basically the speed at which the motherboard will run and your cpu speed is linked to that. right now it's running at 100mhz (100x11=1.1ghz)... it needs to be set at 167mhz (167x11=1.83ghz.. 2500+ stock speed).

it will be in your bios. let me check gigabyte's site to instruct you exactly where.

you don't have a model number like GA-7N400-L ?

sry bout dat i was just look at the box, let me get the manual.

(gets manual)?

its a Gigabyte Ga-7vt600-L

k3n said:
sry bout dat i was just look at the box, let me get the manual.

(gets manual)?

its a Gigabyte Ga-7vt600-L
nice board.

okay, it looks like you need to flip a switch on the actual board. it's labelled "SW1" and it's just off the end of your agp slot. check page 10 of your manual. looks like it just needs to be put in the "off" position.

2 min later.

<3 Taurus...kthx

it works now it now reads xp2500 8)

awesome. 'welcome. :)

i think i own the first recorded hardware remedy on the new ntfs!
:eek:
wooHOO! :D :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back