OSNN Senior Addict
And it's gorgeous. Peep the video on10.net
CES2007_YahooMessenger_large_on10.jpg

graydown.gif
Downloads: iPod, PSP, WMV, WMV (High), Zune

Source: http://on10.net/Blogs/larry/yahoo-messenger-on-wpf/

Beta by Q2

video isnt working for me.

Saw pictures of this on NetRyders blog, he was right this is definitely how Windows Live Messenger should have looked :p

i agree :) looks stunning. but i'm not changing :p

No ads? I bet that changes before it comes out.

That's the one thing I dislike about Live and current versions of Yahoo. And it's the reason I use Gaim.

WLM is a total slug compared to this YIM. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a WLM WPF-version to counter it.

And the reason we may not see Ads in the final version: it's Vista only and they probably see it as a very small audience right now. Not really worth advertisements, perhaps?

Regardless, it looks sexy and I will give it a go when it becomes public.

phhwwoooarr, WLM has some catching up to do! That's just COOL!

I've seen a sample from the SDK (it was a medical patient monitoring tool) and THAT was awesome too. WPF gives developers some pretty decent tools.

phhwwoooarr, WLM has some catching up to do! That's just COOL!

I've seen a sample from the SDK (it was a medical patient monitoring tool) and THAT was awesome too. WPF gives developers some pretty decent tools.
I ran a build of the patient monitoring system as well. The code looked amazingly simple in comparison to doing anything remotely similar on GDI+..

WPF FTW.

Yeah it did look a lot easier just to tweak the interface. The only thing will be re-learning how to code in .NET and understanding how to chain animations together.

Not really, the point of WPF is that the layout can be edited by an artist and the code separated from this work. Visual Studio Codename 'Orcas' will allow teams to do this, as the IDE will automatically edit the XML for the UI, much in the same way as the current forms editor edits the /* Windows Forms Designer */ section in any form that is created, except that there won't be any code editing this time. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back