would ff7 work under xp?

L

leeham2k2

Does final fantasy 7 work under xp? my ps version is damaged so i thought about gettin the pc vers. also what is best specs to play it?

I think I tried it, and even with the latest version I don't think I was getting anywhere.. not gonna play is in software mode :S

Someone nicked my FF8 too, the bugger.

Yea u could play FF 7 on ur comp, if u finish installing it, click start, program, and select FF 7, and u see the FF 7 game right? Then u right click on the FF 7 then click on properties, then compatability tab, then click on run as Windows 95 or 98 or Windows 2000/ME. Then u can run the game.

The setup application had problems finding old technologies required for the hardware version.

I guess my GF just can't do triangles!!

i noticed that compatibility usually works best on the 98/me setting.

I would suggest installing FF7 in compatibility mode as I've found that most games will work better that way. I only a suggestion.

It runs on mine, I have XP Pro, compatibility mode. FF8 works without anything.

FF7 does work in XP, but I have found it crashes on my system during two points of the game: The chocobo races and one other spot that I cannot remember.

I had to install FF7 on a 98 machine, restore the save file, play past the "bad" part, save the game, then restore that save file on my XP machine to continue. What a pain! Thats why I keep a win98 partition for situations like that.

Oh, and compatibility mode didn't help in my case.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back