• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

would ff7 work under xp?

L

leeham2k2

Does final fantasy 7 work under xp? my ps version is damaged so i thought about gettin the pc vers. also what is best specs to play it?

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
I think I tried it, and even with the latest version I don't think I was getting anywhere.. not gonna play is in software mode :S

Someone nicked my FF8 too, the bugger.

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
Yea u could play FF 7 on ur comp, if u finish installing it, click start, program, and select FF 7, and u see the FF 7 game right? Then u right click on the FF 7 then click on properties, then compatability tab, then click on run as Windows 95 or 98 or Windows 2000/ME. Then u can run the game.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
The setup application had problems finding old technologies required for the hardware version.

I guess my GF just can't do triangles!!

chastity

Staff member
Political User
I would suggest installing FF7 in compatibility mode as I've found that most games will work better that way. I only a suggestion.

FF7 does work in XP, but I have found it crashes on my system during two points of the game: The chocobo races and one other spot that I cannot remember.

I had to install FF7 on a 98 machine, restore the save file, play past the "bad" part, save the game, then restore that save file on my XP machine to continue. What a pain! Thats why I keep a win98 partition for situations like that.

Oh, and compatibility mode didn't help in my case.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyicrewsi