worth installing new CTP beta vs. public beta?

Yes.

Neowin said:
Microsoft has just released a new build of Windows Vista for technical beta testers. Windows Vista Build 5456 offers many security, functionality, and performance advantages over the previous build (Beta 2 - build 5384.4). Vista Build 5456 is quite a large leap number-wise, and according to Microsoft, in features and performance as well.

Some of the new features include a revamped Aero/DWM subsystem, and a completely overhauled and significantly less obtrusive UAP for all those that couldn’t stand the previous one. From what we have been told by Microsoft, the Time Zone bug that plagued all most all previous builds of Windows Vista has been patched, and quite a few fixes in the Regional Settings and IME have been patched.

If you can get it, yes.

As with each new release of everything, there will always be new features and bug fixes. CTP's are almost monthly, so if you can't stomach the constant re-install, just stick with Beta 2 Public release.

I know it can be a pain, but it's not meant to be a full time production system yet anyways, just a test environment if you can swing it.

They don't have a 'date' as such, but I think I heard somewhere that it should be about a month.

RC1 end of July possibly, August likely. Yea, more like September. You know whenever they're ready. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back