Worst strange problem in XP

Z

zee

Every time I try to install a new program, MS offce or adobe, paint shop pro. the installation freezes in the middle and nothing happen after that. i looked into the task manager, it said every thing is running. any ideas to help me?

Clear out your temp file.

Make sure there arent any apps open, especially antivirus proggies.

Also, make sure you arent getting CD-ROM errors (check the event viewer.

When you say freezing, does it freeze up your whole comp, or the installation just isnt proceeding?

I tried clearing the temp folder, it did not work. only the installation freezes, the computer keeps working fine.

Did you try the rest of my suggestions?

How long is it freezing? On occasion, some apps may stop for a few minutes, then continue. If it lasts longer than 5 minutes, then there may be something funky going on...

have u tried shutting down all the programs running in the back ground ? i know i have to to install some apps

just a idea !!

i found the problem. it's really stupid of windows t do that. i used to try to install the programs with an account which has admin rights. but when i ligged on as an admin, every thing worked fine. is there any thing to do to be able to install programs from an account with admin rights.

admin rights

not for sure about the home version, i have pro, but should still be the same:

control panel > user accounts > user name .... change the type of account to admin, not limited.

may have to do this from the admin account.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back