Worm

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
Has anyone heard of a worm called "I-worm/yaha.G?" I have had a warning that I have got this but I have ran 3 Anti Virus and 2 worm scanners but they can't find it . Anyone got any ideas of what the hell to do????????:(

when NAV spotted it,it immediately takes it to the quarantine room!
or deletes it( it depeneds on the configurations.
don't be a paranoid.you're safe.

Thanx zig but you have to pay $16 on-line and I can't do that..............Mafia I got the warning from AVG but when I run it it doesn't find it.......:(

hey marge try this link. it's norton search engine for viruses etc.

look for yaha or a combination and see what they have to offer.

--= edit =-- darn it. forgot the link http://www.symantec.com/search/ --= edit =--

Here you go Marge,

Just found this over at Symantec's site Click here not to sure if it will help you, but its worth a look, it has some removal tools and I think there free?

Anyways good luck with it [edit] type in w32.yaha.f [/edit]

Alan

bluegrab.gif

if you're still paranoid..then do a system restore ( gosh...****roaches and viruses scare women * Marge is standing on the chair*)

notice that when you do a system restore anything you downloaded, installed etc after the point you're going back to it will be lost.

And if I remember correctly, if you do not go back far enough for the system restore, the virus could still be incorporated in the restore and you will still have it!

I have been very lucky - staying virus free - but if and when - I intend to delete all my previous restore points after removing the virus and then starting restore over again - knowing I have a virus free restore point!

Just for info from the Symantec site:

System Restore option in Windows Me/XP
Windows Me and Windows XP users should temporarily turn off System Restore. This feature, which is enabled by default, is used by Windows Me/XP to restore files on your computer in case they become damaged. When a computer is infected with a virus, worm, or Trojan, it is possible that the virus, worm, or Trojan could be backed up by System Restore. By default, Windows prevents System Restore from being modified by outside programs. As a result, there is the possibility that you could accidentally restore an infected file, or that on-line scanners would detect the threat in that location. For instructions on how to turn off System Restore, read your Windows documentation or one of the following articles:
How to disable or enable Windows Me System Restore.
How to disable or enable Windows XP System Restore.

Thanks guys I've tried Symantec but still can't find it :( The worm is in a Restore file (with a massive number after it) so I daren't even try that

Marge - go here - follow the directions - it's a piece of cake!

Once the old restore points are deleted - the virus should be gone!

This is the removal tool click here follow the instructions on the page. it should be easy enough.

Good luck

Alan

bluegrab.gif

Thanks Yank but I've done that.The worm warning first appeared yesterday so I scanned for it and did the restore thing from Symantec...It couldn't be found so I just left it alone until I had more time to look it up.I've been busy so I forgot about it . The computer was left and the screensaver was running when I heard the AVG alert which told me that the worm was there so I scanned for it again and it still said "nothing was found"so I have no idea how to get rid of it:(

you delete all the points by turning off the system restore.
right click on my computer>>>Properties>>system restore>>settings.

Alan that doesn't find it :( Nothings finding it so I can remove it

When you say you got your AV warning,it may be that it quarrantined it and it is not loose on your pc?

I would imagine if the removal tool never found it then its not there.

I'm at a bit of a lose where to direct you, can you remember the warning you got?

If so that could give us some pointers to go on.

Let us know how you get on

Alan

bluegrab.gif

Go here - run the scan for virus check and at least that will give you another attempt to see if the virus can be detected!

I just saw your last post Alan - quarantine - excellent suggestion!;)

I got the warning"I-worm/yaha.G has been found" Then it said something about it being in System Restore. It also said to run AVG to remove from computer but it didn't find it ....I'm gonna kill my daughter as it came from one of her e-mails.She signs up for god knows what so her e-mail address is everywhere...Thanks for all your help .I am trying the link damnyank just gave me so we'll see how it goes:)

Originally posted by Evil Marge
I'm gonna kill my daughter as it came from one of her e-mails.

I know its not funny, but thats just tickled me soft:p

bluegrab.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back