World of Warcraft

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Find that this game works great, even with the built in Vista drivers; the lack of which is causing many other games not to work.

Only issue is that when I press the Windows key to get to the desktop it can sometimes flicker madly, hopefully this is something that NVIDIA can fix.

The only statement I can get from NVIDIA is that they will have a driver out by the consumer release, which is kind of pathetic as they have been quite quick with all the drivers through both the betas and release candidates.

I use ALT-TAB to switch out, but I don't have Vista installed on the laptop.

Outside thread topic.... but what server are you on? I just started playing.... Level 19 Hunter 'Shakeroo' :)

Well I am on a european server for a start - Arathor.

Stormscale - Archpriest
Spinebreaker - Lizeroth

US Servers :)

Carbault on Eitrigg. :) I have been playing this for a month and I love it.

I didnt think that I would be able to get into it, but now I play every free chance that I get...

I don't see that flicker you talk about ... but I also got my drivers from Nvidia. You can't seem to navigate to the Vista drivers from the Nvidia site. I followed a link to it on the Nvidia site from another forum.

I get trouble with WoW on Vista. Nothing too serious, but I cannot seem to enable vertical sync with my monitor and I get 'tearing' of polygons when moving quickly. I've tried forcing it with the NVIDIA Control Panel and also tried letting the 'application decide' and enabling it in WoW but I still can't get it enabled.

Anyone else had this problem? Also, it doesn't run as smoothly as it did in XP.

PS Gratz on 39 Brad - have you got to 40 by now? Looking forward to your mount?

I am actually level 50 now. I am now saving for my Epic Mount.

I have no idea about the issue that you are having...I wish you the best of luck with getting it resolved.

Level 66 still, one of the last to be 70 in my guild and they were 70 quite some time ago :p

I remember reading some crap on the Blizzard website which stated that the time to get from 60 - 70 was about the same as from 1 - 60. Such a load of cod - I know people who did it in just over a week!

I remember reading some crap on the Blizzard website which stated that the time to get from 60 - 70 was about the same as from 1 - 60. Such a load of cod - I know people who did it in just over a week!

Well there are those who can do 1-60 in about a week :speechless:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back