• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

World of Warcraft

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Find that this game works great, even with the built in Vista drivers; the lack of which is causing many other games not to work.

Only issue is that when I press the Windows key to get to the desktop it can sometimes flicker madly, hopefully this is something that NVIDIA can fix.

The only statement I can get from NVIDIA is that they will have a driver out by the consumer release, which is kind of pathetic as they have been quite quick with all the drivers through both the betas and release candidates.

I use ALT-TAB to switch out, but I don't have Vista installed on the laptop.

Outside thread topic.... but what server are you on? I just started playing.... Level 19 Hunter 'Shakeroo' :)

Brad

Political User
I didnt think that I would be able to get into it, but now I play every free chance that I get...

vern

Dominus
Political User
I don't see that flicker you talk about ... but I also got my drivers from Nvidia. You can't seem to navigate to the Vista drivers from the Nvidia site. I followed a link to it on the Nvidia site from another forum.

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I get trouble with WoW on Vista. Nothing too serious, but I cannot seem to enable vertical sync with my monitor and I get 'tearing' of polygons when moving quickly. I've tried forcing it with the NVIDIA Control Panel and also tried letting the 'application decide' and enabling it in WoW but I still can't get it enabled.

Anyone else had this problem? Also, it doesn't run as smoothly as it did in XP.

PS Gratz on 39 Brad - have you got to 40 by now? Looking forward to your mount?

Brad

Political User
I am actually level 50 now. I am now saving for my Epic Mount.

I have no idea about the issue that you are having...I wish you the best of luck with getting it resolved.

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I remember reading some crap on the Blizzard website which stated that the time to get from 60 - 70 was about the same as from 1 - 60. Such a load of cod - I know people who did it in just over a week!

Luna

OSNN Senior Addict
I remember reading some crap on the Blizzard website which stated that the time to get from 60 - 70 was about the same as from 1 - 60. Such a load of cod - I know people who did it in just over a week!
Well there are those who can do 1-60 in about a week :speechless:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies