World of Warcraft

I deleted Matrix Online, was really let down ... did have some good aspects, but even after all that development it felt too light in places, every appartment you went in looked the same.

WOW does have a similar feeling, but there are some cool moments and I will keep playing

i played Matrix Online for about a week in Beta. it was months and months ago, so maybe they fixed a lot of things but i wasn't impressed at all with the game. I got rid of it within a week and never had the urge to reinstall it.

anyway, going to best buy right now to pick up WoW........

Aprox said:
Your sex doesnt change what class you want to be, your species and "alliance" do however. You can choose from the Horde and The Alliance.

As far as I know you can access stuff in the bank from any bank in the game. I could be wrong about this though.

I say the game is worth getting, most of the people that play are pretty cool. I have ran into some not so nice people on PVP servers so I try to stick to RP servers.

Aprox you are 100% correct... I like the PVP servers myself, thats the point of being on a PVP server..LOL

Anwyay... I like running up on some poor unsuspecting alliance character, right after he/she gets done fighting a creature and is half dead, and WHAMO suprise, its PVP time

LOL

sorry I cant help myself

its a cow eat cow world.
Cunningly illustrated by my tauren eating beef jerky.

Very wrong indeed.

Yes, you can. I've had as many as eight to see all the racial dances and emotes, but I don't know what the cap is. Although you can't have both horde and alliance on a PvP, you can on a RP or Normal server. You can also play on any server you choose, but your character (not your account) is bound to that server (unless you're on Arthas like me :))

ok question, i've been playing eq2 on and off and i'm just bored with it, i also played lineage, swg, matrix online. all of them are boring, i used to play EQ which i loved.

the question is, whats so different about WOW, that will make me say wow, i means what does it do that others don't. I'd like to get into the mmorpg again, but most are crap, so whats so great about WOW?

ok, got the game earlier. been playing for about 10 hours today.

8th level paladin so far.

i love this game. i think its a lot better than EQ, and MXO.

its seems to me to be a mix of diablo 2, matrix online, everquest, and neverwinter nights, but greater than the sum.

if that makes sense.

it is better than most any other MMORPG I have played I have played alot of them FF, AO, EQ, EQII, UO, and now Wow, I think the PVP on WoW has the others beat for sheer enjoyment... ESPECIALLY on PVP servers... It makes going to disputed areas VERY interesting. As well as they are going to give bonuses and nice equipment and Itesm for playing on the battlegrouns when they release it.

Also, the one feature I wish they would implement in Wow that they had in Diablo is Melee classes having 2 weapon slots, so you could swithc from one to another.

i may just have to buy this game this weekend, but i just don't want to waste any more money on a crappy mmorpg, if its just the same. are there any free trials out at the moment so i can try it out?

It sucks to have to buy the game, but your first month is free. Maybe you can find a friend who will let you play a character on their account. It's worth it. A guy here at work played EQ a ton (don't know which one, but he said he had two 70+ characters, or something like that).

Since it's my first MMO, I only have that to go by. It's definitely been fun, though. Just hit 50 and I'm excited for the endgame. The only thing I can say is that you won't be disappointed. The game has so many aspects that appeal to different people's personalities that you can enjoy yourself no matter who you are.

Hehe...well, there's an "endgame" (I learn neat terms from MMORPG people) but no end to the game. Endgame just means how the game plays when you max out your character. I don't see a lot of people complaining about being 60 anymore, especially on a PvP. When I hit 60 and get all my gear, it will be a gankfest. I'm gonna run my warlock around with a pally, a priest, and a rogue. Whee!

lancer said:
i may just have to buy this game this weekend, but i just don't want to waste any more money on a crappy mmorpg, if its just the same. are there any free trials out at the moment so i can try it out?

If you know anyone who has it you can install it and try it out for 30days free.
I think its a great way to decide if you want it or not
:D

If you know anyone that owns the game they should have gotten a 10 day guest pass for a friend to use, just borrow their cds (which arnt required to play of course) use the guest pass then you have 10 full days to see if you like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back