Wordpress Help

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
OK I have a few I think pretty simple questions that I can't figure out. I've been fighting with creating an easy dummy proof website for my brother to post his articles on. I've decided to use Wordpress and so far it has been awesome.

I need to figure out 3 things.

1. How to create a static "welcome to blah blah blah" on the home page and then start with the article.

2. I would like to make the page say Links instead of Blogroll.

3. Also I would like to know if there is an easy way to take regular html articles and post them in wordpress as easily as possible. I'm guessing just posting them one at a time and then archiving them would be the best, but any suggestions are welcome!!

I would have posted this at wordpress but I know a few here use wordpress and everyone here is way friendlier than other forums.

1. Static Frontpage: http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

2. If you go to wordpress admin panel, go to Manage>Pages>Edit the Blogroll page and rename it to Links.

3. As far as I know it's going to be a manual copy paste job. It's very easy to import from other blogging systems or an RSS feed, but if its just plain old html article then you're going to have to do it the hard way.

Also, checkout http://codex.wordpress.org/

Excellent resource and answers a lot of questions :)

thanks when I get home from work I'm going to try this out.

I'm looking at these things and I'm such a coding idiot that I'm loosing my mind. I really don't even need a static home page, just static content on the home page.

I guess if I actually knew php or css I would be able to do this no problem.

Can we get a link to the blog? Also I forgot to ask: is the blog hosted on wordpress.com or on your own server?

maybe a little rewording might help for what I'm looking for on the home page.

Since I know 0 php I'm looking to just have a welcome to blah blah and a paragraph saying what the site is about. It doesn't have to be in the main body of the site it can be anywhere as long as it can be read easily and then start with the articles. Also is there a way to change the php to change blogroll to links because I'm testing themes and only one says links for blogroll and I'm trying to work it out the best.

I'm pretty much guessing this has to be done in some .php file in the site directory and I don't know anything about it. Maybe a plugin to do this? like a wysiwyg wordpress editor?

Grandmaster went above and beyond and helped me out more than I even imagined. I can't rep him anymore but I hope others can rep him for me.

He is one of the reasons this is the best forum on the net!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back