WORD XP Help!!!

J

Jellyfish

Word will not let me do anything and when I try it says"This command is not available because the document is locked for edit"
THis is strange as I did nothing to lock anything....it was like this when I opened Word to do some study....
I obviously need to do more study lol
The help in Word has been no help at all and Im gonna kill that little damn cat...

if anyone can help...
I'll be surfing the postings for a little bit..

thanx

Does this happen to one document or to all documents you try to open/edit? If it is the last option, then I suggest you try the 'Analysis and Recovery' (translated from Dutch) from the 'Help' menu. Make sure you have your Word XP/Office XP CD ready though.

ps. Post these kind of questions in the Application section the next time.

Thanx for the help....I did try what you said but it still didnt work...me thinks I shut it down at the wrong time ...In the end i had to uninstall Office XP and reinstall it..

seems to be workin fine now...

hate when that stuff happens lol

thanx again

For future ref, this can happen if the file Normal.dot becomes corrupted. Just delete it and word will recreate a new one next time you run it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back