Word Document

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
i had a tecaher at my school send me sports rosters from his mac there. they came up a *.dat files. i tried to read them in word and nothing came out. any help?

They're probably encoded. The most common encoding methods for mac files online are MacBinary or BinHex. Find some software that can decode those (i think Stuffit for Windows does that) and run the file though it.

Mac files have to be encoded when sent over the internet since it wont preserve the resource or data forks, and macs cant use the file anymore.

It also may have been made on some mac-only program. What on his mac did he initally create the file in?

JJB

didn't work, any other ideas? im just having the person re-send the info via copy paste. but im still interested if there is another way to decode those files.

What size is the file? Most *.dat files I've dealt with are delimited data files from a database. You could change the extension to *.txt and try again. (Make a bakup 1st though ;-) )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back