Woooo? I get to join the ranks of the jobless...

LordOfLA

Godlike!
So my boss called this evening and told me that the company wasn't making as much money as he was lead to believe when he bought the company and so I'll be out of work in 4 weeks time.

If anyone knows of any companies looking for linux/unix support staff let me know.

Even better would be if I can work from home with an IP phone :)

So my boss called this evening and told me that the company wasn't making as much money as he was lead to believe when he bought the company and so I'll be out of work in 4 weeks time.

If anyone knows of any companies looking for linux/unix support staff let me know.

Even better would be if I can work from home with an IP phone :)

I work from home with a ip phone and love it :)

Yeah its great :D

Somehow the company managed to go from £30,000+/month income to -£5000 and counting this month in the space of 3 months.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you find a new job soon. If not, well at least you can enjoy the free time. :)

guess you shouldn't have taken the piss out of his team losing ;) welcome though, we are a big family :p

sorry to hear this lordofla

I am hoping your next job is more gainfull

Sorry to hear. Welcome to the club I have been on a lay off for 6 months already. :(
Here in Michigan its really bad. We are blessed that My Wife is still working. and I am getting unemployment.

The manufacturing and engineering is slim to none. ... anyone looking for a CAD Administrator?..... Good Luck Lord

Wow.. You hear that these days all over the world... Up here in Canada it's no different seems like it'll be a very slow year. I hope things start picking up soon or I'll be down to the bottom of the barrel too. :) Sorry to here that LA..

Hell after going through 4 layoffs in one year, I had to change careers. The once mighty Telecom Engineer responsible for the design and installation of the phone systems from the Omni Hotel in San Francisco to the Golbal configuration for Sun Micro in San Jose has fallen to a saddly little OTR Truck Driver. :(

I feel your pain bro, keep your head high.

I know theres a couple of Rails developer jobs going in Liverpool St and E1 if that helps anyone.

I really need to get in to rails.

I was going to be cheeky and apply to some of the UK Rails hosting providers :D

Sorry to hear about your situation, LordOfLA.

Good luck with your job hunt, my good friend.

Heeter

I've got my resume in at 14 different companies in the valley (Phx greater area) to get an internship. None what so ever.

I really need to get in to rails.

I was going to be cheeky and apply to some of the UK Rails hosting providers :D

like brightbox or maybe even engineyard (they're US but I know they have a couple of UK employees)?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back