WMP9 Questions

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
First off I'd like to say that I loved WMP9 until about 5 min ago. Heres what happened. I downloaded some WMV's from KaZaA and I got the little "need to update DRM" thingy and I clicked ok. Now I go to play the file and it says "Aquiring license" at the bottom of the player and after a few seconds a little pop up appears but it doesn't have anything in it, Its just the standard IE "cannot find server" page that I'm sure everyone has seen a few times. My questions is this... how to I play the file if WMP won't obtain the license for me? also is there a different player out there that won't ask try to get a license? and finally is there any progs that can convert WMV's to AVI or MPEG so I won't have to be concerned about getting the stupid license all the time.

Thanx for the help.

just put your CD back in and rip it to mp3 ....problem solved :)

I think i had this problem once, all i did was convert the .wma to a .mp3 file using www.wma-mp3.com thus removing the license thingy (yes, that is the correct technical term!)

Give that a go. Let us know if it works!

I'm confused, are you trying to play wmv files or wma files?

Originally posted by djwhite
I'm confused, are you trying to play wmv files or wma files?

I am trying to play wmv's ... sorry for the confusion

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back