WMP10 and MSN Music tomorrow

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?category=main&id=23771
Apparently, WMP10 includes a free mp3 encoder now, in addition to the WMA one that was present in v9.

The MSN Music store has a nice, clean layout.
http://beta.music.msn.com/

Wonder if this will prompt me to switch back from iTunes.
smile.gif

PC Magazine has a review and some very nice screenshots up.
smile.gif

Neowin also reports that the final build has leaked a day early, but I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow.

i installed wmp10 ,i currently use intervideo mp3 as my encoder ,there was not any additional encoding selections just the usual plus intervideo.is this because they are conflicting?

That's probably because the Intervideo encoder overrides the built-in one.
Paul Thurrott just reviewed the final build, and he mentions the new mp3 encoder, so it's confirmed.

I read they were not going to release it to the public till Sept 6th 2004. Add a few weeks on 'as-you-do' with M$, so was expecting it first week of October.

I don't really use it anyway, tho its always nice to think that the backend stuff is updated (ie wmp9 fixed some issues I had with wmv and zoom player)

Gonna add a few details to your frontpage post, until you are back and can do it ;)

I saw, thanks, saves me cut n pasting someone elses write up.

I think there will be a few problems for people with under 512 gigabytes of ram, it sure sucks up the milk.

I will grab and install it when I get home, play with it for 5 minutes then go back to Zoom Player.

Lee said:
I saw, thanks, saves me cut n pasting someone elses write up.

I think there will be a few problems for people with under 512 gigabytes of ram, it sure sucks up the milk.

what and/or where does one find a computer running half a Terabyte of ram?

Also a note that WMP10 is only out at the moment for Windows XP

Ooh, the Energy Bliss visualization is sexy!
ohmy.gif

Attachments

• wmp10.jpg
    wmp10.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 402
But all the genuine music CD’s that I’ve converted to wmf format are now regarded as pirate and I can’t update the info over the internet. I am stupid?

:) :eek:

TittleBitties said:
so is WMP10 any good?
I really liked it. After a rational debate with myself, I decided to come back to WMP from iTunes (ask me for my reasons after you use WMP10). Try it, and see if you like it. =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back