wmp not playing complete mpg/avi??

R

Rooster77

Hey everyone, I am experiencing a problem where I have downloaded a series of video's from Kazaa that are in MPG and AVI format. The files are as large as 220MB. When Windows Media Player brings up the file it shows it to be like 30 secs versus 30 min and the "status" bar moves quickly playing the first 30 secs and continues to play the 30 mins of sound but the video then reaches the end of the status bar and only seems to refresh every few mins. If I click on different points of the status bar it plays different pieces of the mpg but never the whole thing?
Anyone ever encountered this problem?

Hello and welcome on xp-erience.org :D
Which version of wmp are you using?

it sounds like a codec problem.sorry can't think of the name?
but i know there is a codec pack that starts with N. version 5
hope this helps best of luck-will post when i find it

Its called the nimo codec pack. Dont know where to download but try a search on google

Believe it is WMP version 8 i am using and I do have the nimo codec pack installed?

maybe have a look at windows update site, maybe they have a fix for your prob??

You said you have the Nimo codec pack installed but heres the link for other ppl
http://www.btinternet.com/~nimosiro/

as for your problem, your avi files are probably incomplete, being you didn't download the whole thing, or perhaps the person you were downloading off of didn't have the whole file just yet.
I think there is a link on the main page to a program that will rebuild the index of the avi file (apparently the index is put at the end of an avi file)
check it out, it might help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back