WMP 9 uninstall

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
I installed WMP 9 and it is making troubles with my divx files, how do i uninstall it ?

thanks !

You can't!!!!!
It's always a good idea to set restore points before installing any Beta software - I found heaps of bugs with WMP9 too.
Try checking to see if there was a Restore point created before you installed WMP9:
Start - Run -
%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

Otherwise you will have to re-install Windows - you can try running the repair by booting into the CD but u may have to do a re-install :(

Service Pack 1 for XP will enable option to unninstall WMP8 . For MP9 restore it's a good ideea .

I have read about this problem here before - and other people tried to install WMP8 over the top but it did not work. I sujest deleting the "Windows Media Player" folder from C:program Files and then rebooting to the XP CD and trying the "restore" option - this may pick up a propblem with WMP and restore it - but not sure.

I don't recommend that . Try first restore and then install 8.0

Too bad :
Solution :

1. Delete files from C:/Program Files/..
2. use Regclean to erase invalid registry keys ..
3. Install WMP8

Well this worked for me and it works great now. Reinstall MP9 and do a full install not an upgrade.

that's what you get when you try to install beta software..lol

when WMP9 is Gold, Microsoft will let you know...be patient :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back