WMP 9 problem big surprise

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
don't know what happened but all of a sudden all the files that i have on my comp won't play in wmp 9. everytime I start one I get a blank rectangle showing up and no video or sound. the right time and everything shows up but no video or sound. If anyone has encountered these problems or knows a fix pleaswe help would be much appreciated

nope nothing it just started doing this...no idea what happened

That is a strange problem. Not sure what caused this, but I can give you a couple of suggestions.

1) Uninstall and reinstall WMP.
2) If you have some system restore points created, and you haven't made any serious changes that you could lose, then restore back to a date when WMP was still working. (System Restore will not delete files, so don't worry about that.)

Will any other players play videos, or is this WMP-specific?

here is a pic of what it looks like the whole time the video is playing

Type the following in the Run dialog box:
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\INF\wmp.inf,Uninstall (no spaces after the commas) That should be the directory or else alter it to point to your Windows directory. After typing that in and hitting the enter key it will uninstall.

ok uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't work...don't know what to do!

I don't know what else to tell you for now. I'll see if I can come up with anything else... good luck in the meantime. :)

ok I get audio but no video...and I just realized that I installed the 45.23 drivers for my nvidia graphics card but was getting low fps so I went back to the 44.03 if that helps anyone

nope didn't work...the nimo pack has a lot of outdated stuff in it...I had k-lite codec pack installed

codecs are fine...I'm just really confused...probably going to try an xp repair and if not reformat and reinstall

just did a repair of my computer and no luck...still audio and no video for any file types...time to reformat and reinstall?

I Just reformated and reinstalled...thanks for all the help I really appreciate it but I had other problems and just decided to start over...thanks again though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back