WMP 9 changes files?

A

adamg

I have an archive of mp3s stored in a zip file. In winzip i double click the mp3 and it extracts it and plays it in WMP 9. When i close WMP winzip asks "the contents of [mp3 file] have changed. would you like to update the file in the archive?"

What is WMP 9 trying to do to my files? Hope its nothing evil :)

it's not wmp, this happens anytime you use a file directly from a zip and then put it back.

Jahya
it's not wmp, this happens anytime you use a file directly from a zip and then put it back.
It doesn't, the file has to be modified for this to happen.
I just tried it with an mp3 and Winamp, and i received no message, so WMP must be doing something to the file :confused:

I don't run apps/mp3s directly from zips often, but I always get that message when I do (*shrug*) I thought it was pretty standard. Anyway, there is an option in wmp9 to update your files w/ media info when played, this may be the cause.

there are no real benefits to compressing your mp3s you gain about 1mb for 100 files as they are already hevily compressed

i think wmp is changing something in the id tags. WMp resolves the correct info from the internet and changes the id tags.

You are correct. WMP9 very kindly does update your files.

Check the Options - Media Updates. Look at the lower box titled "Automatic Media Updates ...". Set to Enabled by Microsoft. God bless them.

What do you expect when you use WMP9? Evil, evil, evil. Use QCD if you want a decent music media player.

Well i turned off all those features like updating id tags and stuff, and it still happens.

Also, i only zip mp3 cause it makes it into one file instead of a folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back