wmiprvse.exe

J

JoeAdams

Why does wmiprvse.exe run automatically on my computer? It runs often at midnight. It runs for about 5 minutes. It is not a scheduled task.

I have found nothing on this program other than it is used to manage windows and is somehow related to networks?

I fear that someone is networking with my computer.

It is network related. It is something that some use to speed up a network between xp and 98. I don't know why it is running on your machine. You can get some info here. Maybe you can get an idea from there.

I do not have my computer connected to a Win98 machine.

There must be another use of this program?

Joe, he said he doesnt know why it is running on your computer.

As in, since you didnt mention that you were connected to another computer, he did not assume you were, he told you what it does then, hence, doesnt know why it is running on your computer.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back