WMDC issues

greatg

OSNN Junior Addict
When my PPC is connected to my PC (Vista 32 bit) WMDC works and the PPC is recognized. When I want to browse the contents of PPC, using my PC I cannot see anything? The content window shows 0 files/items? I've checked my folder settings and they are set to view all hidden and sys files. Even when I go to "my computer" and click on the PPC icon, the content window opens and there's nothing there - 0 items? I've disabled antivirus, firewall and re-installed WMDC and still nothing? When I connect my PPC at work, I'm able to see files with no problems? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Anyone help me out?

Last edited by a moderator:
please don't post again expecting an answer after an hour..

Have you tried creating a new partnership for the device? Was it ever working for you since you originated the install and configuration on your home PC?

please don't post again expecting an answer after an hour..

This item has sat here for 5 days, without a response. I edited the post and added additional info so that someone maybe able to help.

Have you tried creating a new partnership for the device? Was it ever working for you since you originated the install and configuration on your home PC?

Yes, have tried to create a new partnership, even just attached PPC as an external source. The device is recognized, but when I open the contents folder 0 items. It was working before, and I'm not sure what happened that caused it to stop? No new SW has been installed...

Last edited by a moderator:
This item has sat here for 5 days, without a response. I edited the post and added additional info so that someone maybe able to help.

odd.. my times were showing only an hour difference between posts..

You realize this thread is only 14 hours old, right?

-edit-

Anyway - try creating a new user profile on the PC and then creating a new partnership. I think there are WMDC files that are user profile specific too.

You realize this thread is only 14 hours old, right?

-edit-

Anyway - try creating a new user profile on the PC and then creating a new partnership. I think there are WMDC files that are user profile specific too.

I've tried that. I also edited the post last night and changed the title. It was originally posted almost a week ago!

Anyways, I have created new partnerships and installed re-installed WMDC. The problem is that even in Windows I can see the device but when I try to view its contents 0 items...

Where did the items originate from? Did they come from your work PC? Is there any type of encryption or security that may be blocking you from viewing those at home? Maybe when you get back to work, take everything off there - or, try copying something to it from home and see if it shows up at work.

Where did the items originate from? Did they come from your work PC? Is there any type of encryption or security that may be blocking you from viewing those at home? Maybe when you get back to work, take everything off there - or, try copying something to it from home and see if it shows up at work.

The items are the files and folders located on the PPC as well as the SD card. I cannot see either of these. When I try to drag and drop a file (txt) to the open PPC folder (showing 0 items) nothing happens. The file does not get transfered.

Can you see the files on your PPC when you are connected to your Vista machine at home?

Not really sure what else may be going on here. If you have a current backup of whatever is on your device, you could try flashing it to the most current ROM if not already, and if it is - doing a format of the device - maybe there is some software conflict there. What was the order of the partnerships? Work PC 1st then Home PC? Home PC 1st then Work PC? Is there a new machine you can use it with that you haven't yet, see if things work fine there? If they do, I would suspect it's something with your home machine or the configuration of the connection between the two at home.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back