wisptis.exe

cpugeniusmv

Computer Genius
occasionally, i'll see the wisptis.exe process running on my computer, however not all the time. i searched google for it and found that it has something to do with tablet pc (which this is not.)

does anyone know what depends on this service, and whether or not it can be disabled?

Wisptis.exe (\Windows\System32) -
This executable runs as a system service that provides pen-data collection for other components of the SDK. When a component needs to interact with the pen (for example, to collect ink or to detect gestures), this executable is spawned as a service to communicate directly with the input device. On a Tablet PC, Wisptis.exe interacts with the digitizer, whereas on a desktop it interacts with the mouse as well. The executable’s name is an acronym that references an outdated internal name for the team that developed it (Windows Ink Services Platform Tablet Input Subsystem).

I haven't been able to figure out what can be disabled in services.msc to prevent this file from loading automatically, but you could try running "tasklist /svc" from the command line. Perhaps, the output might help you to figure out what the name of the service is.

Thread Moved to OS

there's no name in the tasklist/svc...

and i looked carefully in services.msc

i guess i'll live with it :)

I highly doubt the service is required on a non-tablet PC. Perhaps, renaming the wisptis.exe file would prevent it from loading automatically?
But it might be more problematic than it's worth. If it isn't using a significant amount of resources, I'd just leave it as it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back