wireless woes

Scooter

Random Apple Dude
Excuse my sharpness but I'm slightly ... annoyed...

Today I bought a Belkin Wireless G USB Network adapter.
I am trying to use it with a D-Link DSL-G604T ADSL wired&wireless router

On the G604T I've naturally enabled wireless access point, and for the sake of making the first step, chosen to tempo' disable security for the G604T - just to make sure everything is working ok (which of course its not!)

So. Then I install the USB network adapter onto the computer (running XP PRO). Now, theres no problems during the installation, and when I check in the Hardware Manager, everything seems to checkout fine with .. well.. everything.

Afterwards, I check with the Belkin Wireless Monitor, and heres where things get cooky.... As depicted in the attachements, you can see that the fskcing USB adapter can see the router and the wireless point just not connect to it.

Also, as points of reference..
1. There is no activity on the Belkin LED
2. Its the only USB device plugged into the machine
3. I fskcing HATE Microsoft &*(^( sooooo much :rolleyes:

Any help appriciated, else I might just take it back to PCWorld and ask for a refund... or just stick up them where the sun don't shine :)

Thanks
Scooter

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

never had any experience with usb dongles, i either use pcmcia or usual pci. However, check the installation.... remove then reinstall the drivers. i know people who hve used usb dongles and they have managed to conect to routers with no problem whatsoever.
Sorry... not much help really is it :p

well it doesnt matter now anyways - I took it back and stuck it up Mr PCWorlds rear enterence with a nice note saying "FSCK U N00B!" :)

Ohhh dear! :s

Windows XP won't connect to an unsecure wireless network unless you tell it to in the Wireless Connection properties. I think it's in the Advanced settings. It's usually best just to use windows to setup wireless networking instead of software that comes with your wireless card.

Did you have access control using the MAC address enabled on the router?

Yeah, i did try various different combinations in the router and on the PCs - but I think it was a problem with the actual dongle itself since it didn't work on 3 computers (one of which was running Win 98)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back