Wireless + Wired Router/ADSL modem

Abbadon2001

OSNN Addict
Right a friend of mine has just got himself a Linskys wag54g adsl modem combination router (wired and wireless) however he cannot get the wireless part to work even with 2 hrs of tech support time.... further investigation shows that many people have had this problem and he is now considering exchanging he product for something else. Anyone

a) Got any experieince with this/similar products and problem

and

b) Got any recomendations for an alternative product - i.e. a combined wireless router with wired ports too, with an adsl capable modem built in...

I'll probably get shot down in flames for even mentioning the name - but my Belkin works a treat (once I had the settings sorted out). I have a combination of wired & wireless.

I've messed with a Netgear Cable Modem/Router combo, but I didn't think much of it. The guy spent 300 bucks on it, when he could've gotten the individual modem & router for over $120 cheaper (and with prices now, even more than that). Don't know much about ADSL, but if I were him, I'd get individual so that if one goes out, that's all that goes out (I've had 3 cable modems get a little screwey on me, thank God they weren't combos).

make sure u have the latest firmware update, my friend has one of linksys routers and it made it much better after flashing the new firmware

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back