Wireless Speakers (and mice and keyboards and...)

3g sensor = laser :)

laser will always be better then red LED - can see more detail.

I guess with the right desk and cable management, wired keyboards and mice are not that bad, I really want a Razer setup now lol

If you go anything wireless- headphones, keyboard, mouse definately go Bluetooth. I have a Microsoft Wireless Desktop for Bluetooth setup, keyboard sips on the batteries, the mouse eats 2 AA's a month. :eek: So I just ran a USB extension cord (concealed, of course) to a 4-port hub for my G5, Wolf Claw and Logitech gaming headphones. This is on my main rig, like a HTPC/do-it-all system in the livingroom. As for gaming, Bluetooth is no good for gaming. ANY wireless isn't. Say you're hiding out wating for a sniper shot and suddenly someone comes around the corner. The keyboard/mouse goes idle after a minute and you have a 1-2 second lag before it responds, which means BLAM you're dead. :dead:

emm.. not really
some razer mices have a 3g optical sensor, like my diamondback (it's infrared)

and laser isnt always better than optical
i chose the dback cos it was better than the copperhead, despite the latter being laser
for a laser mouse to outperform a 1800dpi optical one, their resolution has to be 3000dpi or higher

hehe, but dont worry about that feeling bman, you'll be happy with ur new setup (even tho for space limitations i couldnt get a better keyboard, im still using my microsoft media one)

infrared = red laser.

Please read up before contradicting yourself :D

The combo of mouse/keyboard i'm using right now.... i don't plan on changing for a LONG time. The keyboard i'll probably have for ages.... the mouse.... probably until it starts to show signs of age like my MX1000 did.

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Logitech MX Revolution

As for hiding wires..... i've also seen wires that are pretty much entirely flat. they basically get stuck to the wall with some kind of adhesive, can go just above existing trim pieces along the floor, you could probably even paint the exposed side if you really wanted to try to hide them. I just kinda ran the wires for my two rear speakers along the same wall and butted it against the trim. i usually have too much crap piled along the wall to really notice the wires. lol

As for wireless speakers/headsets compared with mice...... mice tend to use RF wireless (or.... at least use RF for BETTER wireless. bluetooth... yeck). not sure exactly what type of wireless signal headsets, or the rear speakers on some of the 5.1 surround setups use... but i don't really remember it being RF. They do tend to have a lot more possibilities for picking up interference, or not being detected by their own wireless reciever/transmitter/whatever. Not to mention that yes, by getting wireless speakers, you're eliminating speaker wires, but you're gaining an extra pair of power wires. So unless you have a power outlet near where you'd place the speakers..... or would prefer having a somewhat thick extension cord running along the wall to power the speakers rather than quite small speaker wire.... they just don't make sense. lol

oh, my mistake, it's not optical

but its not laser either, its infrared
i can't find anywhere on the razer site that the infrared 3g sensor is laser.
oh, and btw.. infrared can never equal red anything.. since we're being nitpicky ;)

yeah - Lord is often nitpicky - especially when he is WRONG! :p

be prepared for some comback about waveforms/lengths next....

more seriously - had infrared headphones once and the quality drop is comparable to an EXTREMELY high level of "hiss" - think FM radio with NO ariel - totally unacceptable for music anyway - I already toldya Bman - you like hifi at any volume? Just forget it and quit with the wifi man!

PS - oh yeah and if you use them across a room and forget they are infra and leave - dead hiss - or turn your head even...

remote controls use red LED's with an infrared filter on the front that converts the red light to infrared. If it's infrared and its in a mouse its a laser. Look through the holes at the bottom for the optics and you'll see :)

hehe, ure funny mfg ;D

well, ok Lord.. but can you find me a link where it says so? cos i find it weird that on the razer site they advertise some as infrared and some as laser

they use infrared lasers... just look at the bottom of the deathadder to see :)

I was at the local store today, they actually had some Razer items.

They had 2 3G Infrared Mice, 1200DPI and 3000DPI, almost got one..but not yet...

I just never liked Razer's products. They're just a bit too small for my hands. nearly half of my palm wound up hanging off the back of the mouse. I'm more fond of mice (like the MX Revolution) that i can just kind of relax my hand on.

For a wireless keyboard/mouse, I would seriously suggest taking a look at the Logitech Edge.

It has a built-in trackpad that is pretty accurate.

I love mine. Very good feedback and typing is a joy. Plus it is 1 device and therefore I don't need more and I can take it wherever I want. It synchs to my PS3 as well as it is blue-tooth :)

Best thing is that it is rechargeable so I never have to worry about batteries.

yeah.... i think he was kind of looking for something that's nice to use, but DOESN'T suck for games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back