Wireless Repeaters

If you don't encrypt you can:

Get sued for 100's of thousands of dollars by the RIAA

Have the FBI kick in your front door, confiscate your computer equipment and drag you off to jail where you can enjoy sex in all the wrong places.

You have the ISP account and will be liable for any criminal act the "kids" commit.

Not encrypted, not a good idea.

Acting as an ISP, not a good idea.

no, all propaganda

there is no liability for actions taken by unknown individuals...it matters not one bit that someone uses my resources, all that matters is who commits the crime

it's just propaganda intended to impede the free distribution of a commodity

for instance, verizon doesn't want me to give away bandwidth that I paid for, because that retards profit, and they would rather it not

for instance, in the heart of Manhattan, individuals publicly distribute t3 to anyone that would bring an 802.11...even advertise that they are doing it

it's private, and it's free

there is absolutely no liability assumed

dealer is 100% correct, no such outcome will come of using unencrypted wireless! liability is not assumed by the connection provider :p

it's there allready

it's called war chalking or something like that

what's there already? war chalking is running around and marking out hotspots wif chark on the ground or something right? heard they do it in NYC... muz be cool lol.. public property laws in singapore means i can't find any of that lolz...

Yup, most major citys have war chalkers :p Not many open hot spots here.

There is a website that lists open hot spots in NYC :) Dont recall the link.

lol... over here we got those type of paid hotspots all over the place... what about u guys?

I believe there's a free program called "net stumbler"

pretty nice, very small app

you drive around with a gps, an 802.11, an xp

the program will log the locations for valid hotspots

now, this is not illegal

airwaves are free, and if the internet is not protected, it's yours for the use of it

I have half dozen hot spots

this is why I allow my home to be a hot spot...but if it gets too busy, I'll out an end to it

have some fun guys

Originally posted by dealer
I believe there's a free program called "net stumbler"

pretty nice, very small app

you drive around with a gps, an 802.11, an xp

the program will log the locations for valid hotspots

now, this is not illegal

Indeed its not until you use it that it becomes illegal :p Again it opens the whole debate that if a network is open and un protected does that mean its implicit consent to use it? The courts would say no.

I don't know about the laws over there in the original side of the pond enyo

but the history of free speech, and access, and the presidance here in the states...this goes to all of that "radio free europe" stuff

I believe the courts would find that it's not only a right in america to recieve anything that's broadcast, but it's also an obligation

for instance, it's not illegal here to recieve satalite tv

but it is illegal to decode it

same thing

I dont think I will have too much of a problem as other people wouldnt want to use it as the bandwidth will be being raped by us so no space for others :p

Also I think soon Scarborough is going to try and implement a giant WiFi Broadband system covering most of the city, but I think that is still a few years off though :p

Lol @ Enyo, you bought it already, you pleased with it. I still havent got my phone line and I am still trying to get people to sign up.

Originally posted by Geffy
Lol @ Enyo, you bought it already, you pleased with it. I still havent got my phone line and I am still trying to get people to sign up.

Got a SMC Router coming tomorrow :) I demand you kidnap a BT engineer today!

if you're gonna let us chalkers leach, I"ll fly over for a week or two

I will have some intrusion prevention on there, but ask nicely ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back