Wireless not working anymore

Eiji

OSNN Addict
Wireless was working fine on my Acer 5012WLMi laptop until today when I formatted it (WinXP x64 was on it) and put XP x32 onto it.

The wireless card is basically not picking up any networks. I know its the laptop because I have another laptop which is working fine with my Netgear WGR614v6 router.

I have tried 3 different drivers. The wireless card inside the Acer laptop is a Broadcom BCM94318. It has to be a software/driver problem as the card was working fine before the format.

Can anyone help? :dead:

Thanks!

I had the same problem with my acer it turned out to be something simple. Look at the 2 buttons on the front of your laptop (the glowing gold /yellow ones) push the one on the right it turns on back your wireless card inside. You may have bumped it by accident.

Silly question here but is the card compatable with x32 and do you have the correct driver.

Does Windows see your wireless device without problems? Such as is it showing up under Network Connections in Control Panel, and the Device Manager?

Can you try entering the SSID and any encryption information manually?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back