Wireless Network

N

Not Bman

So I have just picked up a PS3..

I have a PSP and a DSi, and a few laptops connected to a wireless network (not mine, an open one near my place). I have been using it for years without issue, those devices have no issue, even my phone and a few things like that work.

I have tried to setup my Wii and now my PS3 to this same network, followed the automatic settings, the same way I did with those devices, but they won't connect.

Any ideas? Seems to be only the Wii and PS3.

Well its about time :smoker: get killzone 2

What type of router

Well if I knew that it wouldnt be an issue, its not mine, its some random access point near my area. The question is why the PS3 and Wii having issues connecting, when everything else does not have any issues. And I did get Killzone 2, its pimped!

Maybe the network admin or router's default value for number of DHCP addresses has been exceeded. Try a static IP in the upper range so you dont conflict with anyone.

I think someone (Admiral?) posted a while back that there is a maximum number of connections possible on a wireless router. Can't remember the details.

If that's the case set up a wireless at your place to log in as one IP and have it provide local DHCP for your stuff.

The bandwidth available at the source has got to be getting thin if it is that heavily loaded.

BTW On the security front, the idea of securing networks seems to be spreading. All the open ones in my hood have been locked down and several have gone stealthy by hiding their names. Everyone is at least WPA and one is even WPA2 now.

Yea I have setup the PS3 on my own network for now, but for some reason in the past I have never had luck with my wireless stuff, but so far so good.

I just didn't understand why everything else worked and not it, I don't think its the limitation, i bet if I got another DSI or something to test, it would work.

i cannot get my psp conected to my own network, not with static not with dynamic ip. Does a psp have problems with wep/wpa? But even on a not secured wireless network it doen't connect. Any ideas?

i cannot get my psp conected to my own network, not with static not with dynamic ip. Does a psp have problems with wep/wpa? But even on a not secured wireless network it doen't connect. Any ideas?

Same issue, that is why mine is always connected to that random other one.

somehow i got the psp connected to my wireless network! these are the changes i made on my network:
removed a "-" in my network name
changed security to WPA EAS
set my router to DHCP but gave the PSP a fixed ip address
did not enter network name in the PSP but had it made a scan for the network
make sure you use exact names/passwords with or without capitals
So mine has internet now, I hope the next firmware update has built-in wpa2 protection...
PS I use firmware 5.50

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back