Wireless network

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
I have two laptops that i want to network with wireless. I am having problems with this. I have used the wizard and transfered the data using the USB stick and cannot get them to find each other . I am trying to connect the pc's directly with no router and no internet connection. Can anyone help with this problem.

I am pretty sure this cannot be done... think a router will be required... or a cross over cable....

You see in terms of wi-fi what you have on your hands there are two RECEIVERS and with all the technical know how in the world neither can see the other because nothing is transmitting - or at least not at the level required.

I could be slightly wrong in absolute terms and theoretically at close range maybe this could be forced to work - but so far as I am aware it is not designed to work this way.

If anyone knows better please correct me.

Not possible. The only way to do it without a Router is through your Infrared ports, but that isn't even worth it as the tasks you would be able to perform are sub-par at best.

If you want Wifi- get a router.

not even in Ad-hoc mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back