• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

wireless network printer

kev59

OSNN Senior Addict
For some reason i do not seem to be able to link to the printer on my main computer, via a wireless network on my laptop

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
What problems are you having specifically, and can any other devices on your network see that printer ?

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
Now I must ask, are you sure you're on your own wifi and not someone else's? I have had that issue with a client, where they weren't even using there own wireless.

kev59

OSNN Senior Addict
yes it is my network as i named it kev's network, when i try to install printer and do search it does not find the printer

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Can you ping it from the printer? Can you get to the printer from other machines on the network?

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
There are many things you need to know about first one is you need to share the printer then you need to be able to connect the the main computer from the one that is wireless then you need to install the printer from the wireless connection by finding the shares and tell your windows that the printer you want is loctated on the main through a share.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown