Wireless modem power supply died!

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
I have a verizon wireless gt704wg, and my power supply died...anyone know whats a good place or site to get a new one??

Just remember to get the right voltage AND the right current rating, it doesn't have to be the same current value as long as it's higher then the one you have now.

Contact actiontec and get the right part. A wrong replacement can cause instability, or damage/death to the router, increased lightning damage susceptibility, etc.

Actiontec Electronics, Inc.760 North Mary Ave.Sunnyvale, CA 94086
United StatesTel: (408) 752-7700 Fax: (408) 541-9005

If you must, or as a temporary fix - Radio Schlock sells a universal power brick. Has a dozen plugs, and voltage select by switch. Used to be $30, but that's a major portion of the price of a new router...

Then there are questions about the power quality provided. You have to get the detail spec on the original brick to be sure a replacement will work.

Look on the power brick. The info you need is:
1) Pos or Neg ground?
2) Output Voltage rating
3) Output Current or wattage rating

Thinsg that won't be spec'd are:
4) Regulation level
5) Ripple level

Just for giggles:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/sys/302466095.html

Last edited:
Contact actiontec and get the right part. A wrong replacement can cause instability, or damage/death to the router, increased lightning damage susceptibility, etc.

Actiontec Electronics, Inc.760 North Mary Ave.Sunnyvale, CA 94086
United StatesTel: (408) 752-7700 Fax: (408) 541-9005

If you must, or as a temporary fix - Radio Schlock sells a universal power brick. Has a dozen plugs, and voltage select by switch. Used to be $30, but that's a major portion of the price of a new router...

Then there are questions about the power quality provided. You have to get the detail spec on the original brick to be sure a replacement will work.

Look on the power brick. The info you need is:
1) Pos or Neg ground?
2) Output Voltage rating
3) Output Current or wattage rating

Thinsg that won't be spec'd are:
4) Regulation level
5) Ripple level

Just for giggles:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/sys/302466095.html

i did do that, sorry i never said thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back