wireless lan causes vista bluescreen

and its under 12 months old ? if so they are under contract to replace the faulty goods no matter how many times this happens, also i would put it to them that maybe its a design fault
I know that carpo, thing is I won't send it with the hardrive so they really have me between teh rock and hardplace

well you could back up the lot wipe the drive and send it back, unless you need it for work it which case yes its a bit of a pain in the rectal region, have they or yourself not suggested taking it to an HP approved shop that way you shouldnt be without it for a day or so while they look at it, or it a case of you dont want to leave it in the shop with all your stuff on it ?

well you could back up the lot wipe the drive and send it back, unless you need it for work it which case yes its a bit of a pain in the rectal region, have they or yourself not suggested taking it to an HP approved shop that way you shouldnt be without it for a day or so while they look at it, or it a case of you dont want to leave it in the shop with all your stuff on it ?
that's what I might do, back it up and wipe it

thanx for the suggestion

Or system restore to the first day you got it before you installed anything.

Or system restore to the first day you got it before you installed anything.
I don't want them to have the data on my hardrive, even if a system restore would work to day one, that's not the security I need

a side note;

system restore is linear and the oldest restore points are discarded over time, it's not possible to save a favorite restore point or to go to the first one if the box has passed that plateu

wipe the mbr and do a low level format - should be good enough :)

wipe the mbr and do a low level format - should be good enough :)
gonna first move my files off the box, then going to partition and dual boot, then going to 9 level wipe the original partition, then going to reformat into the first partition, 9 level wipe the second partition

then I'm going to reinstall the os

that should do the trick me thinks

if the hardrive survives

how about removing it from the pc - taaking it to the local smelter, getting it up aroud a few 1000 degrees and sending back the pool of metal once its cooled, saying "i told you there was a problem with the harddrive" :D

Are you gonna be trying to get a refund or another product of the same model?

Think I would try to go with something that is not broadcom based if possible.

Re: got my box back

just upgraded to fiber optic, 20 times the speed and they replaced the modem

now, if I blue screen with the new modem something is seriously wrong with this house

will report in a few days

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back