wireless lan causes vista bluescreen

Re: got my box back

seems like you may have to splash the cash on a new router:

http://www.computerhaven.info/forum/printable.aspx?m=65169

http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24457

wouldn't mind but i'd read great things about d-link routers as my old belkin wireless router overheated and went bust last week :(

no laughing in the back rows please! it may have been a belkin but it served me well for years, hasnt put me off saving up for this one:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=341158
that first thread is a year old, I am amazed hp doesn't know about the issue yet

that first thread found out the same thing american zombie found out but they came up with the wrong solution

it's NOT the router it's the network card, that router has been around a long time and causes no issues with any other box, it can't be sending the computer confusing instructions

the computer's driver is not capable of handling the instructions from that router, this isn't a router issue

though I might replace the router, and there is supposedly a d-link flash that solves the problem, I'm gonna try to get hp to tell the manufacturer of the card to write a new driver, hp has some kind of nerve not knowing about this issue

the reason I don't want to flash the router as a band aid is that this laptop travels and what if I am getting a signal from another d-link router with the same problems?

hp needs to fix the computer, d-link doesn't need to fix the router, the router was here first and this computer is supposed to be compatable with that protocol

that second thread is claiming it's a conflict with the intel centrino, this laptop is amd's dual 64

Last edited:

well i was going to suggest the broadcom wireless card drivers until i read those pages so i'll say it now-

last week i had to install hp wireless card drivers for a dell inspiron desktop that would connect as far as the router but not to the internet.

on my own hp laptop (dv9565ea) i had problems getting the webcam to work, but after installing acer drivers it works perfectly!

it was your d-link post that threw me off because i had problems last year getting my belkin router to work with vista (specifically upnp) so once i disabled that it connected fine, not the same as your problem i know but i just thought i'd mention it.

Last edited:

so I am in email conversation with hp and directed them to this thread

I hope they come up with some kind of patch

any luck with this perris?

it's sunday, they'll probably get back to me tomorrow
they sent me a link to a new driver and say this should do the trick, will report back if no blue screans in a week or two

The link Perris gave is for a newer file then the HP link Psyborg posted.

File version and modified date of bcmwl6.sys

Perris link: 4.150.22.0 - July 17 2007

Psyborg link: 4.102.15.61 - January 3 2007

just updated mine to 4.15 :)

the new driver did not help me, I blue screened 2 times last nite

I spoke with microsoft who have not heard of the issue to date, they're gonna take a look at this thread, I doubt they'll respond here but at least I know they are gonna be on it, they really are trying to get this operating system operating the way it's supposed to

I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall this new driver and see if it helps but I doubt it

is it an internal wireless or pcmia (or whatever!) - also does it say what make it is ?

hmm, prob stupid but, you say it only does this hen you are home? do you have any cordless phones or any other gadgets on that use wireless when you are on the laptop, as im wondering if its wireless noise, which might confuse the card, stop it working and then vista kicking out because it cant talk to the card, whats the model number of your laptop, might be able to check out some specs and work out what that card is

hmm, prob stupid but, you say it only does this hen you are home? do you have any cordless phones or any other gadgets on that use wireless when you are on the laptop, as im wondering if its wireless noise, which might confuse the card, stop it working and then vista kicking out because it cant talk to the card, whats the model number of your laptop, might be able to check out some specs and work out what that card is
no wireless phones at the house but that's a good thought

does it do this in all rooms or just the one ? (real time support would be easier on irc - hint hint :p )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back