Wireless Card Won't Enable. Help!

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
i had just installed xp pro to my dell 9100 with a built in Dell 1300 wireless card because the xp home can't network with my desktop xp pro. after installing the xp pro i can't enable the wireless connection. it says that there is no available wireless network but my linksys befw11s is always on and i had even manually input the mac address of my notebook. i tried reinstalling the driver but still can't enable and see any wireless signal. i did try to reset the router but the same problem. I had installed the resource disc file Dell 1300 b/g wireless card driver but i know i have a Dell 1350 b/g wireless card. Could it be that i had installed the wrong driver 1300? should be 1350? :(

you probably dissabled the wireless service, or the computer doesn't recognize the hardware.

first see if the wirless service is running...then try leaving the card in while you're hardwired on line, then do a search for better drivers

percy said:
.....Could it be that i had installed the wrong driver 1300? should be 1350? :(

Yes, the ones that come on the cd are no good, goto dells web page and download the newest ones. I had this problem as well

and try hitting "FN" + "F2" that will enable/disable the radio on that laptop

i called dell support and they send me the link for the updated driver and after installing the new driver my wireless nic worked. thank you for the suggestions. :)

percy,

Could you sure that link with us? I am having the same problems.....

Also can anyone tell me if FN+F2 is to be done as a comand line????

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back