wireless broadband as opposed to dsl, cable, or T1 etc?

Like I said... Do what you want. I could care less about other peoples opinions against mine. I am just here to help some people out.

its cool recoil i appreciate your comments. so dealer, you are saying it is possible to run this kind of modem to more than one computer over a network?

with an 802.11, you can transmit your internet 150 yds, to any other computor that has what's known as an airport card, or, an 802.11 pc card....go to any pc store, or check out the d link site on line...

Whoa...!!!

What?....150 yards?....

SO do ya mean that if I get wireless, then some bozo next door could tune in and steal it?

Not sure if I like that idea!!:confused:

GraLk

ya, there's a security issue with 802.11, but you can make the range as short as you want, just by configuring your antennae, and walls, and such

ok cool...sorry im new to all of this so im going to ask a few more questions if you dont mind...
so lets say i get the pci airport card thats at the d link website. all i have to do is install that card into my secondary pc and configure it to pick up the signal from my wireless modem? or do i need two cards for both computers?
and also a minor question, whats the difference between 802.11a and 802.11b? thanks for all the help

dealer? you around? sorry to keep bugging you but you seem like the only one here who knows alot about this stuff and is willing to help out.

*EDIT* n/m about the question of the difference between 802.11a and 802.11b. its the difference of number of ghz. a is 2.4ghz and b is 5ghz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back