wired XP Pro

M

micropitt

Hi all,
i have a problem with XP Pro in a network. The network has one NT4 server and 15 workstations, 12 of them with Win98 and 3 with XP Pro. With the XP Pro workstation i can browse the Internet but i can not receive any e-mails. I also can not ping anything behind the server. I tryed different things in the setup from DNS to Gateway but nothing worked. At normal the workstation are getting everything from the NT4 server per DHCP and WINS. I would be thankful for any hint.
Peter

Try manually assigning IPs and info, rather then letting SHCP do it. Assign it a free address and see if it works then

JJB6486

Originally posted by JJB6486
Try manually assigning IPs and info, rather then letting SHCP do it. Assign it a free address and see if it works then

JJB6486
The idea was good but it didn't work. However, i found out that on the NT4 Server is a Proxy Server running. The Win98 Workstations don't have a problem with that, only the 3 XP Pro Workstation. Like i said, browsing the Internet is no problem with the XP Pro. I just can not connect to the ISP's mailserver with Outlook. Is there any work arround? Do i have to change some settings on the NT4 Proxy Server?
Thank you
Peter

Double check your pop and smtp servers in Outlook.

I don't think that i have mis-typed the mail servers on all 3 XP Pro workstation :)
But I doublechecked all entrys and everything is correct. I believe that the problem is somewhere in XP Pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back