WinXPro has 5 devices on IRQ 3, also brightness settings dont stick

S

Spicules

Pretty much every game I play crashes in some manner. I checked my irq sharing/conflicts and it has 5 ddevices: my video card Geforce 3Ti 200, my soundcard - SbLive Xgamer 5.1, my NIC - 3com 10/100 3c905c-tx, and 2 "via rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controllers".

So far Warcraft 3 crashes to windows (general protection fault cx0005 that many people get)

Soul Reaver 2 restarts my comp

Halflife/Counterstrike often crashes to windows and occasionally gives blue screens (cant rem what it said)

I try to change the IRQs, but the option to change is greyed out.

Also, whenever I change my brightness/gamma settings, i click apply on start up, and it changes to the brightness specified on start up, but it refers back to the darker settings 5 seconds later. The only way I can get a brightness that makes any game playable is to use a third party adjustment utility (like powerstrip). Even if I change the brightness AFTER startup, as soon as I use a program like a game that goes fullscreen, it changes my brightness back to the default which is way to dark to play ANYTHING.

I noticed under my devices, my Video card is not listed as being agp, but rather it says pci. Is that normal?

So far Ive updated via4-1, video drivers 29.42, soundblaster live, mb bios, nothing seems to help.

Any help greatly appreciated

try to move the card to another slot and manually assign the irq in bios... i think this will help tho....

I changed the setting in the bios, and tried re-seating the cards. They still share the same irq, but its now irq 12 instead of the previous one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back