winxp update adding logon password screen

minawi

OSNN Newbie
winxp update adding logon password screen

i installed winxp sp2 on my two computers and then the automatic updates kicked in - 10 of them and when it rebooted, i got a logon screen asking for a password. since nothing had been setup i did know the password. so i rebooted, did an f8 to last know good configuration and was able to boot into winxp. but then it wants to install the same 10 updates and the cycle starts over again.
please help

Goto windows update site, after turning off automatic updates.

Lee said:
Goto windows update site, after turning off automatic updates.

Thanks for answering me, but what about updating the new things

Well sometimes automatic updates can cause problems for some users (me not).

So disable this feature, goto windows update, and run update service from there and then install all updates, when you have installed all updates it gives you then turn back on automatic update service if you wish.

As for the password logon screen maybe you need to got my computer> user accounts> then select the way users log on or off and change it to classic welcome screen.

If you are still getting to ask for 'password screen' I suggest you just enter nothing and hit enter.

Lee said:
Well sometimes automatic updates can cause problems for some users (me not).

So disabel this feature, goto windows update, and run update service from there and then install all updates, when you have installed all updates it gives you then turn back on automatic update service if you wish.

As for the password logon screen maybe you need to got my computer> user accounts> then select the way users log on or off and change it to classic welcome screen.

If you are still getting to ask for 'password screen' I suggest you just enter nothing and hit enter.

I have just runned update and installed all, but winxp would not start. any way i am reinstalling winxp now, but i am afraid to get the same problem again, coz i got this two times, about the password i know them else i could not logon when i last known windows. Thanks alot

minawi said:
I have just runned update and installed all, but winxp would not start. any way i am reinstalling winxp now, but i am afraid to get the same problem again, coz i got this two times, about the password i know them else i could not logon when i last known windows. Thanks alot

I would consider a format then a reinstall, rather than just reinstalling over the old installation.

vivid_vibe said:
I would consider a format then a reinstall, rather than just reinstalling over the old installation.

Thanks, believe i did it twice for both computer, i formated and then reinstall, but do you think that is virus or what? I hope once you can find a solution, thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back