• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

winxp update adding logon password screen

minawi

OSNN One Post Wonder
#1
winxp update adding logon password screen

i installed winxp sp2 on my two computers and then the automatic updates kicked in - 10 of them and when it rebooted, i got a logon screen asking for a password. since nothing had been setup i did know the password. so i rebooted, did an f8 to last know good configuration and was able to boot into winxp. but then it wants to install the same 10 updates and the cycle starts over again.
please help
 
L

Lee

Guest
#4
Well sometimes automatic updates can cause problems for some users (me not).

So disable this feature, goto windows update, and run update service from there and then install all updates, when you have installed all updates it gives you then turn back on automatic update service if you wish.

As for the password logon screen maybe you need to got my computer> user accounts> then select the way users log on or off and change it to classic welcome screen.

If you are still getting to ask for 'password screen' I suggest you just enter nothing and hit enter.
 

minawi

OSNN One Post Wonder
#5
Lee said:
Well sometimes automatic updates can cause problems for some users (me not).

So disabel this feature, goto windows update, and run update service from there and then install all updates, when you have installed all updates it gives you then turn back on automatic update service if you wish.

As for the password logon screen maybe you need to got my computer> user accounts> then select the way users log on or off and change it to classic welcome screen.

If you are still getting to ask for 'password screen' I suggest you just enter nothing and hit enter.
I have just runned update and installed all, but winxp would not start. any way i am reinstalling winxp now, but i am afraid to get the same problem again, coz i got this two times, about the password i know them else i could not logon when i last known windows. Thanks alot
 

vivid_vibe

OSNN Senior Addict
#6
minawi said:
I have just runned update and installed all, but winxp would not start. any way i am reinstalling winxp now, but i am afraid to get the same problem again, coz i got this two times, about the password i know them else i could not logon when i last known windows. Thanks alot
I would consider a format then a reinstall, rather than just reinstalling over the old installation.
 

minawi

OSNN One Post Wonder
#7
vivid_vibe said:
I would consider a format then a reinstall, rather than just reinstalling over the old installation.
Thanks, believe i did it twice for both computer, i formated and then reinstall, but do you think that is virus or what? I hope once you can find a solution, thanks
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,961
Messages
673,239
Members
89,014
Latest member
sanoravies