WinXP Taskbar Help

D

DanJericho

My question is related to the icons in the system tray. You know when you go to the taskbar properties and then click the "Customize" button to the right of the "Hide Inactive Items" checkbox, there's a list of programs that shows up. Well, under "Past Items", there are still a few programs listed there that I have uninstalled, and I would like to remove them from the list, but I don't know how to. If anyone could let me know how this can be done, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Interesting question. Just checked and I too have several referring to extinct programs which I'd like to remove, if only for tidiness. Registry seems obvious place to store this list. But one of mine was GoBack, and there's no mention of it in Registry. Puzzling...

Terry, West Sussex, UK

1) Am I composing these messages correctly please? I can see no way of replying to a *specific* post. No conventional threading seems possible. One result is that I can't tell whether a comment is being addressed to me or to the OP. Am I missing something fundamental here please, or is this a deliberate restriction to avoid digression?

2) Also, do I have to continually use Back/Forward keys to refer to the thread to which I'm replying? (Or open two browser windows., of course.)

3) Assuming Hilander's reply "Here you go, It's about half way down:Inactive Icons" was to DanJericho, I think he's missed the point.

Terry, West Sussex, UK

Originally posted by terrypin
1) Am I composing these messages correctly please? I can see no way of replying to a *specific* post. No conventional threading seems possible. One result is that I can't tell whether a comment is being addressed to me or to the OP. Am I missing something fundamental here please, or is this a deliberate restriction to avoid digression?

You are doing it right. To answer a specific post in a thread, use the quote button in the lower right of the post you want to answer. And in this case, it seems you had the same question as the OP so the answer was to all.

2) Also, do I have to continually use Back/Forward keys to refer to the thread to which I'm replying? (Or open two browser windows., of course.)

If I read it right, unless it's a long post, all you have to do is scroll down below the Submit Reply button to see the thread. If it's a long post than it should have a link and will open a new window

3) Assuming Hilander's reply "Here you go, It's about half way down:Inactive Icons" was to DanJericho, I think he's missed the point.

Since you both seemed to have the same question about inactive icons this was addressed to both.
I wasn't as clear as I should have been (long day) but if you read that thread it asks the same question, and about halfway down is the registery location for taskbar icons and how to clear it out.
Hope that helps

Originally posted by Hilander

You are doing it right. To answer a specific post in a thread, use the quote button in the lower right of the post you want to answer. And in this case, it seems you had the same question as the OP so the answer was to all.

Got it, thanks!

If I read it right, unless it's a long post, all you have to do is scroll down below the Submit Reply button to see the thread. If it's a long post than it should have a link and will open a new window

Yes, thank you. I made a pig's ear of the navigation last time, but Ive caught up <g>

Since you both seemed to have the same question about inactive icons this was addressed to both.
I wasn't as clear as I should have been (long day) but if you read that thread it asks the same question, and about halfway down is the registery location for taskbar icons and how to clear it out.
Hope that helps

Sure does. And, yes, that does indeed answer the OP and me! I'm off to try it in a minute.

Terry, West Sussex, UK

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back