Winxp startup problems..URGENT!

E

eminem910

ok...i had all these miscellaneous programs..installed. and i removed them and when it asked to keep the shared files...i said no..cuz it said "they are no longer in use" but now i cant boot up the desktop..i just get the wall paper... how do i fix this?... besides formatting

i have system restore enabled... but when i boot up...and it says "type yes to continue in safe mode..or no to use system restore" and i click no..nothing happens... and i also selected "use last good configuration" that didnt work either

You could try doing a repair installation. Put the xp cd in & boot up. Follow the screen to the repair option. It will install xp over the top of itself. Other files dhould remain intact.

ok...when i try to do the "recovery console" option.. it says "select your windows directory" i select the right one.. option 1 ... enter my administrator password.. and it just shows the directory path. and nothing happens then theres the "automated recovery option".. i need the automated recovery disk. what is that? is it possible to retrieve online?

Try this...

CTRL+ALT+DELETE (to open Task Manager)
Select Processes.
End any instances of explorer.exe
Click FILE/RUN
enter "explorer.exe"

Hope this works for you!
Good luck!

eminem910 "ok...when i try to do the "recovery console" option.. it says "select your windows directory" i select the right one.. option 1 ... enter my administrator password.. and it just shows the directory path. and nothing happens then theres the "automated recovery option".. i need the automated recovery disk. what is that? is it possible to retrieve online?"

Recovery Console pretty much sucks: It's the command prompt. I use this basicly to run chkdsk and that fixes 98% of boot problems.
Automated Recovery: this is a program you can run in WinXP that creates a boot-disk sieries, you can do this when you've got a good install (I've never had to use this one.)

What you need to do is act like your doing a new install and when you select the drive/partition don't del/format it instead there will be an option to press "r" to recover/repair the install. This is what you use.

ok.i did that..it copied files.... then it restarted..and went into setup mode.. and it was "installing hardware devices" the it asks for "vgaagp1.sys" ..i clicked no..then i get these blue screens with 2 unique errors messages so far they were "Bad_Pool_Driver" and "Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_OR_Equal" and at the bottom it said 1394Bus.sys what the heck...

ok question...i have an external drive... 80 gig maxtor.... does that work in dos mode?.. i want to copy something to it..and then use it on my other pc...if thats possible..thanks

...i have an external drive... 80 gig maxtor.... does that work in dos mode?..

No. I am assuming the drive is USB. USB does not work in DOS (that I know of)

There is no mouse in recovery console.
For the keyboard - you must have already pressed some keys to get to the password screen. It stops working there?

lol guess i wasnt too specific.. i finished the recovery console part..and when i boot into windows i have to choose a password for administrator access... to log into windows.... mouse and keyboard do not work at all....=[

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back