WinXP Service Pack 1a

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
I have Win XP pro with service pack 1, I don't remember if I installed service pack 1a. Is there a way to see if I did or if I actually need to install it? I just saw it on the service pk list.

Thanks

hmm... I just checked Windowsupdate.com and never found SP1a so I guess there is no such thing as SP1a... if you alreadly installed SP1, then your okey (which should tell you what you have under System Information (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information) and System Properties (Right click My Computer>Properties))

Go to " Tools/Folder Options/View" and Unhide hidden files in C Drive or whichever partition your op system is loaded.

You will find the NT Folder as the first entry in C/Windows if SP1 is loaded.

The Windows XP SP1a is second entry on the list on the NTFS Home page under Service Packs. Is that just SP 1? It is over 125 MBs.

sp1a is almost the same as sp1 the only thing changed is that the removed java virtual machine from it. if you already have sp1 installed you can check by rightclicking my computer_> properties then you dont need sp1a

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back