WinXP, Radeon 9800, Switching from Omega to ATI Driver?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

Previously I was having some problems with my games and artifacting. This has caused me to switch from the standard ATI drivers, to the Omega drivers looking for some improvement. I later discovered (much later) that the problem with the artifacts was not the video card itself, however a bad fan on my CPU heatsink. Since replacing that, the artifacts have been gone...

I was anxious to try to switch drivers from my latest Omega Drivers, back over to the latest ATI driver set. I downloaded the latest ATI Driver only. I go into add / remove programs, remove the Omega driver from there, and it wants to restart the computer. When the computer restarts, the hardware automatically detects the card and installs some ATI Driver 8.471.0.0 from February 25th 2008, by ATI Technologies. I attempted to uninstall the card and reboot again, however every single time the card is automatically detected and installs those drivers.

I attempted to manually update the drivers from this point to the ones I had downloaded, which states it's the 8.3 drivers... however after another reboot, I'm still having issues with it going to the 8.471 drivers. Can someone please help me get the drivers I know I am using, or tell me what I'm doing wrong? I thought about going into safe mode, however I know that the install wizard won't work in safemode because it gets disabled...

Thanks for your input!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back