WinXP Pro vs. WinXP Home

sammy5gs

Ignorance Defined
Hey Guys...

I am not sure this even fits in this forum, but I was considering upgrading to WinXP, and am not sure on the differences between the Home version or the Professional version? Furthermore, I am not sure the differences would mean anything based on my uses.

I use my PC for web/internet use, heavy gaming, and some utility (digital pics, etc). Any thoughts would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks!

By the way, I am currently on Win ME.

Sam

and also pro has support for a dual cpu config.

yes pro has extra security stuff for a domain you prob wont use.
only big differences you might notice is home does not support multiple processors, remote desktop or more than 5 simultaneous remote connections (for iis and such) and the biggest difference, about $100 bucks.............

and if you have a full copy of 98, Me, NT4, 2k then buying an upgrade copy will save more. but best to do a clean install if possible.... and upgrade disk will do this, boot from it and at one point it will ask to see and spin up one of these other disks. once its happy with that it ask for xp disk back and go on its way...... the older does not have to be already installed. alot of possible problems can be eliminated doing a clean install. and switch to ntfs on install format.

welcome to the NT (new technology, for those who never knew what it stood for :D )world and getting away from 9x stuff
:D :D :D :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back